Sour Cream And Chive Potato SoupFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1-1/4 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2" squares shopping list
- 3/4 cup margarine shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 medium white onion chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 7 cups water shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chicken base shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- croutons for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes until tender then set aside.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in flour until well combined.
- Cook over medium heat stirring often for 5 minutes then set aside.
- In large kettle sauté onion in oil until soft.
- Add water, bay leaf, chives, chicken base, seasoning salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bring to boil then whisk in milk and half-and-half then prepared roux.
- Cook stirring until thickened then add sour cream and potatoes and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with croutons.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!