Green StewFrom donitakate 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2-3 lbs fajita cut beef, or slice your own out of sirloin, round or rump roast shopping list
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 package (10oz.) broccoli florets, thawed shopping list
- 1 package (10oz.) green beans, thawed shopping list
- 1 large green pepper cut in strips and seeded shopping list
How to make it
- In large kettle, brown meat in oil.
- Add water and onion soup mix.
- Reduce to simmer and cover.
- Cook at least 20 minutes, longer if meat needs time to become more tender.
- Steam broccoli, beans and green pepper until barely done. Do not overcook as the vegetables will lose the bright green color.
- Just before serving, stir soy sauce into meat mixture.
- Turn off heat and add green vegetables.
- May be served over hot cooked rice.