Peppermint PattiesFrom blackcupcake 8 years ago
- Peppermint Patties: shopping list
- 2 cups (260 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (20 grams) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil (do not use peppermint extract) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) evaporated milk shopping list
- chocolate Coating: shopping list
- 9 ounces (225 grams) semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Peppermint Patties: Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, smoothing out any wrinkles. Lightly dust the foil with confectioners sugar (powdered or icing).
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat (on low speed) the sugar, butter, peppermint oil, vanilla extract, and evaporated milk until combined. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until very creamy (about 2-3 minutes). Transfer the batter to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to chill until firm enough to roll into balls (about 30 - 60 minutes).
- Roll the batter into 1 inch (2.54 cm) balls and place on the prepared pan. Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand until the patties are about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) in diameter and 1/3 inch (1 cm) thick. Cover and place in the refrigerator until the patties are firm (about one hour).
- Chocolate Coating: Melt the chocolate and shortening in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove the patties from the refrigerator and dip, one patty at a time, into the melted chocolate, making sure both sides of each patty are completely coated with chocolate. (You can use 2 forks or a chocolate dipping fork.) Let any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl and then place the patties back on the foil. Once all the patties have been dipped in the chocolate, return to the refrigerator to chill until firm (30 - 60 minutes). Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container (separate layers with parchment paper or wax paper) for up to one month.
- Makes 25 - 30 patties.
The Cookblackcupcake CHIOS, GR
- Not added to any groups yet!