Gluten free Cornbread StuffingFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 6-7 cups gluten-free cornbread, cut into shopping list
- ½-inch cubes shopping list
- 4 links gluten-free sausage (pork, shopping list
- turkey, chicken), pierced with a fork shopping list
- and simmered in hot water for ten shopping list
- minutes shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and diced shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 apple, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 (14-ounce) cans gluten-free chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9x13-inch pan.
- Spread cornbread cubes on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 10 minutes or until edges are dry.
- Rinse sausage in cold water. Remove skin and crumble sausage. Reserve.
- Heat olive oil in pan and sauté onion, carrots and celery for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic, apple pieces and crumbled sausage and sauté another 2 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Add toasted cornbread cubes and toss to coat with mixture.
- Pour broth over mixture. Add seasonings as desired.
- Pack stuffing loosely into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. If top gets too brown, cover lightly with foil. This dressing can also be stuffed loosely into a 12- to 14-pound turkey. Follow baking times that come with the turkey.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!