Vegan Brown GravyFrom vegheadsweetie 7 years ago
- 1 Tbsp margarine shopping list
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (may be more depending on the thickness you want) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (you can also use tamari) shopping list
- A dash of pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Saute the onion for a few minutes, then add the flour and garlic powder and continue to saute for another 8 to 9 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the broth.
- Gradually add the broth mixture into the onions and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for ten minutes.
- Strain gravy into a separate saucepan, try to not get onions into the gravy, but it's okay if you get some.
- Add the soy sauce (or tamari) and the pepper.
- Simmer for another minute or two, stirring constantly.