Cooking Lentils How to cook LentilsFrom tooheymomster 6 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse and pick over lentils for small stones and twigs.
- They do not require presoaking.
- Place them in a saucepan with double the amount of water.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic, if desired.
- Acid ingredients such as wine, tomato or lemon juice will slow the cooking process.
- Adding salt to the water tends to split the hulls.
- Check the lentils often for tenderness.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- tooheymomster Springfield, MA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktooheymomster Springfield, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!