Chunky Chicken Spaghetti SauceFrom kristinsh 4 years ago
- 1 can of hunts tomato sauce (15 oz) shopping list
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz) shopping list
- 2 large portabello mushrooms shopping list
- 2 large red bell peppers shopping list
- 1 large white onion shopping list
- 4 medium chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 tbs of oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying pan heat olive oil while slicing raw chicken into bite size chunks.
- Cook chicken with salt over medium heat thoroughly and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan toss drained diced tomatoes and let simmer over medium heat with apple cider vinegar for 5 minutes (tomatoes are one type of vegetable that actually benefit from cooking. This process makes the tomato sweeter).
- Dice onions, bell peppers, mushrooms.
- Add veggies and tomato sauce to the sauce pan along with the Italian seasoning and bay leaf.
- Simmer for another 10-15 minutes then add chicken.
- Allow to simmer for 5 more minutes and then remove bay leaf.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy.
The Cookkristinsh Katy, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!