Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream CakeFrom cheezeemomma 6 years ago
- 1 recipe Clara's chocolate cake (see my recipes) shopping list
- 1 jar Fudge Topping Or Ganache ( 1 c SS chocolate 1 c 35 % Cream) shopping list
- 1 jar Seedless raspberry jam shopping list
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream or enough to make a 1 " layer shopping list
- 16 chocolate Fudge cream-filled cookies, crushed to pea size shopping list
How to make it
- Bake cake using a 10 inch spring-form pan instead of 9x13.
- Be sure to dust pan with cocoa, not flour.
- Cool completely and remove outer ring only
- Using heavy thread or fishing line, cut cake in 1/2 horizontally
- Replace ring
- Place crushed cookies on cake bottom and press down lightly
- Cover crumbs with 1 inch of the best chocolate ice cream you can afford
- Place in freezer
- With cake top up-side-down on a piece of waxed paper, spread the bottom (side facing up) with enough jam to cover with out running off
- Remove bottom from freezer, place jam-covered top over ice cream, press down lightly. Remove waxed paper.
- Cover top with Chocolate Fudge topping or Ganache
- Return to freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove cake from freezer 1/2 an hour before and remove outer ring
- Using a sharp, heavy knife dipped in hot water (dry off),cut in 12 and serve.
- Keep leftovers frozen.
- return cake to freezer.
The Cookcheezeemomma London, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!