Scalloped Potatoes And Ham GratinFrom imwhisper 4 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 sprig fresh thyme shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, over medium flame, heat the cream, milk, sprig of thyme, chopped garlic and nutmeg.
- While cream mixture is heating, butter a 9"x13" casserole dish.
- Using half of the potato slices, place a layer of potato in an overlapping pattern on the bottom and season with salt and pepper. Distribute the ham evenly over the potatoes.
- Remove cream from heat and pour half over the potatoes and ham layer. Sprinkle half of each of the cheeses on the layer.
- Top with the remaining potato slices. Pour the remaining cream mixture over the potatoes and top with the rest of the cheeses.
- Cover with a "pammed" piece of foil. Be very careful putting this in the oven - it will be a full pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until cheese browns and the potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.