Ziti With Roasted Garlic And Butternut SquashFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 3 garlic heads shopping list
- unsalted butter as needed shopping list
- olive oil as needed shopping list
- 1 large butternut squash peeled seeded and cut into small cubes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 large orange zested shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche shopping list
- 6 fresh sage leaves cut thin strips shopping list
- 6 large flat leaf parsley sprigs coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 pound ziti shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wrap garlic heads together in large sheet of aluminum foil and squeeze top to seal.
- Roast until soft and fragrant about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons each of butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add squash and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté a few minutes to lightly caramelize surface of cubes.
- Add bay leaf, nutmeg, orange zest and chicken broth.
- Cover pan and cook until squash is just tender but still holding its shape about 8 minutes.
- Most broth will have been absorbed but you should have a few tablespoons left to form sauce.
- Add crème fraiche, sage and parsley then mix well then start cooking ziti.
- Slice off root ends and squeeze garlic from roasted heads into a bowl.
- Mash it to form a paste adding a tablespoon of pasta cooking water to give it creamy consistency.
- When ziti are al dente drain and transfer to large serving bowl.
- Add roasted garlic paste and cheese.
- Toss then add squash sauce a bit of fresh black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and toss again. Check for seasoning then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!