Vegan Stuffed MushroomsFrom computertech18 5 years ago
- 12 large button mushrooms, with stems shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for baking dish shopping list
- 1-2 large garlic cloves, put thru garlic press shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oregano shopping list
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Separate caps and stems of mushrooms, finely chop and set aside.
- Split bell peppers in half.
- Sauté garlic, mushrooms, onion powder, and peppers in olive oil on medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in oregano and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
- Blend sautéed ingredients, add Italian bread crumbs. Add black pepper.
- Arrange caps, stemmed sides up, in an oiled 13"x 9" shallow baking dish so mushrooms don’t stick. Fill the caps with filling.
- Bake at 500° until filling is browned and caps are tender, about 20 minutes.