Now Im really not Vegan Beef StewFrom veggies_4_tamara 6 years ago
- FIRST: shopping list
- 3 - thick bacon slices, cut 1" lengths shopping list
- 2 pounds beef chunks shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp vinager shopping list
- 1 tsp steak sauce (hey, vegans, doesn't matter here. We're eatin' beef remember) shopping list
- 1 Tbs creamy peanut butter......yeap kids, that's the kicker here shopping list
- 1 minced garlic cloves, I like 'em big and spicey shopping list
- 1 large onion, big dice shopping list
- SECOND: shopping list
- 1 Tbs salt shopping list
- 5 large potatoes, large dice shopping list
- 4 carrots, large dice shopping list
- ROU: shopping list
- 1/4 c butter shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
How to make it
- Foodies this one is a little tougher....(get it, beef, tougher).
- Fiirst: off let's brown the meat. Follow this method, crisp the bacon, remove the pieces, leave the grease (ooh), now brown the beef in batches. Go slow a little at a time, or it will start to stew (for the beginners) While still nice and hot, add the water to remove the goodness off the pan and into the water (now broth, that's the lovin' baby) Add the next six ingredients and stew the meat until fork or teeth tender. about an hour
- SECOND: add the last 3 ingredients.
- ROU: Beginner's this is a rou, melt the butter in a small skillet, add the flour. Now, continue to cook it until the mixture turns the color of a cashew. Doesn't taste like a cashew dearies, but it works wonders.
- FINALLY; add the rou to the simmering mixture. It will thickin' on up to a nice gravy.
- EAT. Feel just a little guilt.