Quinoa Turkey Meat LoafFrom darbar 4 years ago
- 2 lbs. ground turkey shopping list
- 2 large organic eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp. Chipotle Tabasco sauce (or your favorite), or more to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp. adobo seasoning shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tbsp. wheat germ (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup quinoa (I use Ancient Harvest because it's pre-washed) shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups water (or chicken broth) shopping list
How to make it
- Put the Quinoa and water or broth in a saucepan. Bring to boil and cook for about ten minutes. You know it's cooked when the spiral tail appears. It's that little tail that stays crunchy giving quinoa turkey meat loaf a unique and fantastic texture.
- Put the ground turkey and all other ingredients except the quinoa into a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the Quinoa in the bowl and mix it in. Be sure the Quinoa has cooled off.
- Place mixture in appropriate size baking dish. Sprinkle some parsley over the top to add some color.
- It's difficult to say precisely how long to bake your meat loaf since it depends on the dish you're using, your ovens characteristics, etc. I bake it, covered, for 1 hour and then check to see if it's done. If it's a shallow baking dish you might want to start to check it sooner. You want it to be done but don't overcook it. Youwant it to be moist.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about twenty minutes. I serve mine with the bottle of Chipotle Tabasco sauce on the table for an additional kick if desired.