Cinnamon Coffee CakeFrom kdbradley 4 years ago
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups flour ; sifted shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter ; room temperature and cut into pieces shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray one 9-inch x 13-inch with Bakers Joy.
- Set aside.
- For topping mix together dry ingredients in separate bowl, cut in butter with fork until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl lightly combine the egg yolks, 1/4 cup milk, and vanilla extract.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds or until blended.
- Add the butter and remaining 3/4 cup milk. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for about 2 minutes to aerate and develop the cake's structure.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Gradually add the egg mixture, in 3 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the egg.
- Pour 1/2 batter into 9 x 13-inch greased pan; sprinkle with 1/2 topping mixture and swirl this into batter.
- Add remaining batter and top with remaining topping.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center.