Gluten-Free Sesame CookiesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- ½ Cup white rice flour shopping list
- 1/3 Cup Glutinous (Sweet) rice flour shopping list
- ¼ Cup tapioca flour shopping list
- ¼ Cup Sweet sorghum flour shopping list
- ¼ Cup quinoa flour shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/3 Cup sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- ½ Stick unsalted butter (softened) shopping list
- ½ Cup sugar shopping list
- ½ Cup well-stirred Sesame tahini shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons apple juice shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- ¼ Cup honey shopping list
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Medium shredded coconut shopping list
- To roll Cookies in: shopping list
- Approximately 1/3 Cup sesame seeds shopping list
- Approximately 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Medium shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together flours, baking powder, gum, and salt in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together sweetened condensed milk, butter and sugar on high speed until mixture is fluffy in texture (about 2 minutes). Add tahini, vanilla, apple juice, and honey; mix.
- Add ½ of flour mixture; mix first and low and increase speed. Add other ½ of flour mixture mixing on low speed and then gradually accelerating. A moderately thick and sticky dough will form. Add ¼ cup coconut; mix well.
- Remove dough from mixer bowl, and place on a large piece of greased (sprayed with cooking spray) plastic rap lain overtop the surface of a cookie sheet. Press dough flat using greased hands. Loosely wrap dough in extra plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator to set for 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove the cooled dough from the fridge, and roll small, 1-inch round balls of dough. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sesame seeds and 1/3 cup coconut. Coat each dough-ball with this mixture one at a time and place each coated dough ball onto a greased standard baking sheet. Space approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are puffy and beginning to crack slightly. Cool cookies on a baking sheet for 10 minutes to prevent them from falling apart before transferring them to a cooling rack