Curried SausagesFrom mrstempest 4 years ago
- 1 tbs oil shopping list
- 5 thick beef sausages shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 tbs curry powder shopping list
- 1 stick celery, sliced shopping list
- 1 large carrot, sliced shopping list
- 2 tbs tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tps brown sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ cups hot water shopping list
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder shopping list
- 2 tps cornflour shopping list
- 1 tbs water, extra shopping list
- Squeeze of lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Add sausages to a pan of water and boil for 5-10 minutes. Remove sausages from water and pull away any skin that has not already come away. Cut sausages into thick slices.
- Heat oil in fry pan, add sausages, onion and curry powder, stir over heat until onion is softened. Add celery, carrot, tomato paste, sugar, water and stock powder. Bring to boil, reduce heat, then simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour with extra water, add to pan along with a squeeze of lemon juice, stir until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Serve with boiled rice or mashed potato.