Yorkshire PuddingFrom mrstempest 5 years ago
How to make it
- Sift flour, milk powder and salt into bowl. Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs in. Gradually add the water and mix it into the eggs and flour. Make sure you add the water a little at a time so the batter is smooth. Leave the batter to rest for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Pour a thin layer of oil into the bottom of your tins. Heat the oven to 225ºC (440ºF) with the tins in the oven.
- When the oven is hot pour the batter into pans – if using muffins tins fill each hole to about ½ to ¾ or if using bread tins use ¼ of the mixture for each tin. Cook for 20 – 30 minutes for muffin tins or 30 - 40 minutes for bread tins or until puddings are turning dark brown and look crispy.
- Note: This recipe can be made in muffin tins (makes about 16 - 20) or 28cm x 12cm bread tins (makes 4) or any other tin you have. When cooked the puddings should be crispy on the outside and soft (but cooked) on the inside.
- Note: This batter can be made up and kept in the fridge overnight but I have found that it is best to bring the mixture back to room temperature before cooking.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mrstempest Sunshine Coast, AU
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmrstempest Sunshine Coast, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!