Sweet Potato Pecan Ice CreamFrom lenora 7 years ago
- 1 large sweet potato shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 can evaporated milk ( 12 oz) shopping list
- About half a can of condensed milk (7oz) shopping list
- 1 and half cups of sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs, well beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Bake sweet potato at 375 for 45 minutes (until easily pierced by a fork).
- Let cool, then peel and mash it.
- Combine potato, pecans, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- In separate bowl, blend milk, sugar, and eggs thoroughly.
- Heat this mixture in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, but don't let it come to a boil.
- Then chill it completely in the refrigerator.
- Finally, combine the two mixtures and process in an ice cream machine.
- This recipe comes from Christopher Place, Smokey Mountains, Tennessee