Original Pound CakeFrom poundcake 7 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a mixer, cream butter and shortening together.
- Add sugar, a little at a time.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk
- starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.