Turkey Bean and Cabbage SoupFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 turkey legs shopping list
- 2 medium white onions chopped shopping list
- 16 ounces sauerkraut rinsed several times shopping list
- 1 medium heat cabbage chopped shopping list
- 3 large carrots shredded shopping list
- 1 small can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can great northern beans shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil turkey legs and onions in large pot of water.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 2 hours then stir in sauerkraut and cook covered 45 minutes.
- Add shredded carrots and cook 10 minutes longer then add cabbage and cook 15 minutes longer.
- Add tomato paste and mix until it is dissolved then bring back to boiling and cook 5 minutes.
- Drop beans in and heat until mixture boils then cover and let sit 1 hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Add salt and pepper and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!