Manhattan Catfish ChowderFrom mark555 6 years ago
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 can (1 pound) diced tomatoes, with oregano and basil added shopping list
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth, diluted with 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over moderate heat; add the garlic and onion; sauté until golden.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper and wine. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the diluted broth, cover and bring to simmer — about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the Catfish and cook, uncovered, 7 minutes longer.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 4.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- juels Clayton, NC
- victoriaregina USA, VA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating3 people
i cannot stand catfish! But I will give you a five for intestinal fortitude.
Good job on the creativity.
Vvictoriaregina in USA loved it
I love catfish but I cannot fathom 40 pounds of the stuff! Maybe catfish pate? Pecan-crusted catfish? Catfish creole? Heehee - good one about the bottom-feeders.....clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Sounds yummy! Love the addition of wine here! 40 lbs. of catfish....I am jealous!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!