Vegan ReubenFrom xjupiax 5 years ago
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock ( I use one cube of vegetarian vegetable bouillon ) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or 1/4 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce) shopping list
- 1 package vegan bacon (14 strips ) shopping list
- 6 slices vegan whole wheat rye bread, toasted shopping list
- 6 slices vegan swiss cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup drained sauerkraut shopping list
- 6 tablespoons vegan thousand island dressing shopping list
- thousand island dressing Ingredients: (makes 1 1/3 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, combine the stock, garlic powder, and Bragg's Liquid Aminos.
- When the mixture begins simmering, add the bacon strips, spreading them out evenly.
- Cook until the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Turn and cook the other side until the garlic powder begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Arrange the bacon on top of one slice of toast.
- Top with 2 slices of cheese and place on a baking sheet.
- Arrange 1/4 cup sauerkraut on the other slice of toast and place on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler until the cheese melts and the sauerkraut is warm.
- Remove from the broiler, top sauerkraut with 2 tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing, and sandwich the two toasts together.
- For Thousand Island Dressing combine the vegan Mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, tomato paste, lemon juice, sea salt, and cayenne.
The Cookxjupiax Ewing, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!