Strawberry Pretzel SquaresFrom lisamariecr 7 years ago
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 12 ounces PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip whipped topping shopping list
- 2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 1 pkg. (8 serving size) JELL-O Brand Strawberry Flavor gelatin shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cold water shopping list
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix pretzels, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the butter. Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 10 min. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and milk until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression). Stir in strawberries. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Cut into 20 squares to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.