Cold Avocado Vichyssoise Potato SoupFrom victoriaregina 5 years ago
- 3 large leeks shopping list
- 3 T of butter or olive oil shopping list
- 1 small chopped onion shopping list
- 4 C vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 lb of potatoes shopping list
- 2 ripe avocados shopping list
- 1 T white pepper shopping list
- 2 T Fresh or 1 t of dried chives shopping list
- BONUS: shopping list
- Olive cheese cracker recipe shopping list
- 1 C whole wheat flour½ C sliced green olives 4 T soften butter½ C graded sharp cheddar cheese1/4 t cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- Clean well and slice 3 large leeks, including a little way up the green. Chop the onion.
- Saute the leeks and onion until soft and transparent. 15 to 20 min. This will be blended later so they do not need to be chopped too fine.
- Add 4 cups of quality vegetable or chicken stock. I prefer vegetable broth since it brings in other subtle vegetable flavors such as celery and carrots.
- Heat over a low to medium heat source.
- Peal potatoes and chop into smallish pieces. I prefer red potatoes for their buttery flavor but use a potato of your choice.
- Potatoes such as purple potatoes are an interesting choice but can affect the end color of the soup. Each type of potato adds a nice flavor variety.
- Cook potatoes in broth until tender 15 to 20 min. Cool slightly.
- Add 1 T of white pepper (black in a pinch) and chives. Season to taste.
- Take warm potato mixture and blend until smooth. Warm the milk to somewhat match the temperature of the potato mixture. Add milk to the mixture and blend again. Chill the potato mixture until cold. Avocados will develop a bitter flavor if you add them to the hot or warm mixture. Cut and blend in the avocados to the potato mixture, chill for a couple of hours or better overnight.
- Chill clay soup bowls - Ideal for keeping the soup nicely cool. Garnish with fresh chives and piece of avocado and accompany with a spicy cracker…
- OLIVE CHEESE CRACKER
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together all ingredients. Spray non stick or grease cookie sheet. Put a spoonful of batter on sheet, flatten batter with a fork. Bake for 15 to 20 min. Will look oily when you are removing from sheet with a spatula. Harden slightly as they cool. Good chewy texture with for pairing with the Avocado Potato Soup.
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating9 people
great post high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Vickie, this looks great!m2googee in Tomball loved it