Turtle CakeFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup hot coffee shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3/4 cup caramel shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups toasted pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Combine egg, oil and buttermilk.
- Combine dry ingredients then add wet to dry until well mixed.
- Slowly pour in hot coffee then scrape bowl and pour into 3 greased and pepper cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then cool cake completely.
- Mix sugar and milk in saucepan then add butter and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips to pan then whisk until smooth.
- If frosting is too thick or grainy add one or two teaspoons hot coffee.
- Spread 1/3 of the frosting then sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans and drizzle 1/4 cup caramel on first layer.
- Repeat for each layer.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!