Slow Cooked Lemon and Garlic LambFrom wrigggit 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180degC.
- Remove string etc from lamb and cut into 6 large pieces.
- Heat oil in large heavy based acsserole over medium heat. Add 3 pieces of lamb and cook til browned- tranfer out and add other 3 pieces and do the same.
- Return all lamb to casserole. Add garlic, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Add enough hot water to half cover the lamb. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover casserole and place in oven.
- Cook lamb for 90 mins, checking every half hour that there is enough water. Remove from oven and pour over lemon juice.
- replace in oven for 20mins.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and cornflour in a jug.
- After removing lamb, slowly add egg mixture, a little at a time, stirring slowly so you don't damage the meat.
- Continue adding egg mixture til combined.
- Return casserole to low heat on stove top and gently cook for 2 mins just to cook the egg through.
- Do not overheat or the egg will curdle.
- Slice lamb and serve with potatoes and extra lemon slices.
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!