Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom blackcupcake 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup grated Swiss, Monterey Jack or part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped ham shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1 1/4 pounds total) shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a baking sheet with sides and lightly coat it with cooking spray.
- Mix cheese, ham, mustard and pepper in a small bowl
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side.
- Open up the breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and filling.
- Lightly beat egg white with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish.
- Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in egg white, then dredge in breadcrumbs. (Discard leftovers).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts; cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken, browned-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170 degrees F, about 20 minutes.
The Cookblackcupcake CHIOS, GR
- Not added to any groups yet!