Swedish Salmon AppetizerFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 pounds boned skinned salmon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons gin shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns coarsely crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice coarsely crushed shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh dill shopping list
How to make it
- Cut fish in half crosswise to make two equal pieces then rub gin on all sides of fish.
- Mix sugar, salt, peppercorns and allspice then rub dry seasonings onto all sides of fish.
- Spread 1/3 of dill in a rectangular glass baking dish.
- Lay one piece of fish on dill and sprinkle with another 1/3 of dill.
- Lay other piece of fish on top of first thick width to thin width and top with remaining dill.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place small cutting board on fish and rest weight on top of board.
- Refrigerate 3 days turning fish every 12 hours.
- Discard brine and scrape away most of the seasonings.
- Pat salmon dry then store airtight in refrigerator for up to one week.
- To serve thinly slice across grain on diagonal and serve with assorted crackers.