Braised Chicken With KumquatsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 pound chicken cut into 8 serving pieces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 12 preserved kumquats shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro shopping list
- Lemon and orange slices for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Wash chicken and pat completely dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and place in a baking dish large enough to hold them in single layer.
- Mix orange juice, lemon juice and honey then pour over chicken turning pieces to moisten.
- Turn chicken pieces skin side down in pan and sprinkle with cayenne.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over and add kumquats.
- Baste with liquid and bake 30 minutes longer basting occasionally.
- Cook until chicken is done and leg or thigh meat offers no resistance to a fork.
- Arrange chicken and kumquats on serving platter and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Garnish with lemon and orange slices then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!