Chilled Melon Soup with LavenderFrom whonel 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 pound melon, such as cantaloupe or honeydew shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion or shallots shopping list
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried lavender shopping list
How to make it
- Halve, seed, peel and cube the melon to make 4 to 5 cups.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan or casserole with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. When it is hot, add the onions and saute them until they are faintly golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add the melon cubes, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper and half the lavender, and saute until the melon has slightly softened, turning often. This will take about 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the melon is very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Puree with an immersible or traditional blender. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed to achieve a savory, lightly peppery taste. Let cool and refrigerate immediately at least for several hours and up to 24. For an extra chill, place in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, garnish with the remaining lavender.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- whonel San Jose, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwhonel San Jose, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!