Oatmeal Breakfast BarsFrom thumper20 7 years ago
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked shopping list
- 1 cup oat flour (can be made by pulverising rolled oats in a blender or food processor) shopping list
- 1 cup packed currant or raisins or chopped prune or other dried fruit shopping list
- 1 cup apple juice or orange juice (you could also use 1/4 cup molasses and 3/4 cup water) shopping list
- 1/4 cup white sugar or brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup sesame seed or nuts, pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch by 13 inch pan, or two 8 inch by 8 inch pans.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- It should be moist enough to form a ball, without extra liquid.
- Put mixture in prepared pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into squares while still hot.
- Wait until the bars cool before trying to remove them from the pan.
- One tip: if the fruit is hard, soak it with a bit of water before starting to make this recipe because the fruit doesn't soften much in baking.
The Cookthumper20 Cloverdale, CA
The Rating4 people
wonderful recipe great post thanks bunches love oatmeal high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds like a great recipe. I love this kind of stuff for breakfast.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!