Spring Rolls with Plum SauceFrom gennymac 7 years ago
- 1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed shopping list
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles or bean sprouts shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated or shredded from the store shopping list
- 5 scallions, green and white parts cut into 1/2-inch lengths shopping list
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into thin matchsticks shopping list
- fresh basil shopping list
- fresh mint shopping list
- Fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 package spring roll wrappers shopping list
- Grated ginger root shopping list
- nori seaweed sheets shopping list
- plum sauce shopping list
- roasted and skinned peanuts shopping list
- plum sauce from Asian Store shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, devein and halve the shrimp.
- If you use the rice noodles, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Take from heat and add rice noodles. Let soften for about 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Remove two or three Nori sheets, fold into quarters and tear into four squares on the folds.
- Cut and arrange carrots, scallions, cucumber, sprouts and herbs on a platter. Put shrimp and other ingredients in bowls.
- Using instructions on the spring roll wrappers, soak individually in water till softened.
- Lay flat, lay one square of Nori on the edge, then layer each ingredient
- on bottom third of wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper up over the ingredients. Fold in sides, then continue rolling up. Place seam side down on plate.
- Spoon Plum Sauce into bowls for each guest.
- Chop or run peanuts through food processor
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over each.
The Cookgennymac Covington, Georgia
- Not added to any groups yet!