Cherry Pudding CakeFrom sufia 6 years ago
- 2 quarts pitted fresh red sour cherries* shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- whipped cream or ice cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine cherries with 1 1/2 cups of the sugar and almond extract. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, milk and oil; mix well and pour into prepared pan. Spoon cherries over batter. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into cake portion comes out clean.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cherries with 1 1/2 cups of the sugar and almond extract. Set
- Serves 12 to 14.
- finaly Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.