Key Lime Pudding PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoon butter softened shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind shopping list
- 1 cup light cream at room temperature shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks at room temperature shopping list
- 1/3 cup squeezed key lime juice strained shopping list
- 3 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons flour shopping list
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature shopping list
- 1 fully baked 9" pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter well in large mixing bowl then add 3/4 cup sugar in 2 additions.
- Beat 1 minute after each is added then blend in yolks 1 at a time beating after each addition.
- Beat in lime juice and rind then beat in flour and cream.
- Beat egg whites on moderately high speed in small deep bowl until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar then continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining sugar and beat until firm but moist peaks form.
- Stir in small spoonful of the egg whites into lime mixture then fold in remaining egg whites.
- Gently pour filling into baked pie shell then bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 and continue baking 25 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely then refrigerate 6 hours before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!