Split Pea SoupFrom prince 10 years ago
- 1 large chopped carrot shopping list
- 2 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
- 4 (10.5 oz.) cans of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. of green split peas shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp. of chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 6 slices of 1 in. bacon, shopping list
- 1 small chopped onion shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to add bacon to large pot over medium flame.
- Once the back is crisp, add in the onion, leek, carrot, and garlic. These will cook until veggies are tender.
- After 8 min., add broth, peas, bay leaves, and rosemary.
- You will want to bring this to a gentle boil before lowering the flame to low for about 60 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
The Cookprince Miami, FL
The Rating1 people
MMMMMMMMM, two of my favorite, split pea soup AND bacon! I've always made it with ham, but this sounds stellar. Next trip, I'm getting bacon and trying this version. Thanks for posting...feartheboognish in Ferndale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!