Peanut Butter PieFrom mel_yates 7 years ago
- This is the First Step shopping list
- 1 baked pie shell of your choice shopping list
- 1 cup of powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter shopping list
- For the Cream Filling shopping list
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch shopping list
- 2/3 cup of white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of salt shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, Reserve the Whites shopping list
- 2 cups of milk shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. of butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. of vanilla shopping list
- For the Meringue shopping list
- 3 egg whites, that were reserved shopping list
- 5 Tbsp. of white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix powdered sugar and peanut butter in a medium bowl and set aside. (This is from the first step). This will be your Crumbly mixture.
- For the Cream Filling
- Combine cornstarch, white sugar, salt, egg yolks, and milk in a medium saucepan, cook until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from the stove and add the butter and vanilla; stir until the butter melts.
- Spread the Crumbly mixture evenly into the bottom of the pie shell, save enough of the crumbly mixture to sprinkle on top of pie.
- Pour the Cream Filling overtop of the crumbly mixture in the pie shell.
- For the Meringue
- In a medium bowl beat 3 egg whites until soft peaks form, add the 5 Tbsp. of sugar one Tbsp. at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Cover cream filling with the meringue and sprinkle on the leftover crumbly mixture.
- Place the pie in the oven and broil on low until golden brown.
The Cookmel_yates Grundy, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!