Honey - Vanilla Custard Frozen YogurtFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 ¼ cups skim milk or fat-free soy milk (I used So Good Trim but skim milk is used for NI) shopping list
- 2 tbsp dried buttermilk powder (optional, for tangier taste) shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ tbsp vodka shopping list
How to make it
- Heat milk, buttermilk powder and honey in a small saucepan until just beginning to steam (don’t let boil), stirring often.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until pale yellow.
- Slowly add a ladle of the milk mixture to the egg yolks, whisking continuously to prevent curdling.
- Pour egg/milk mixture slowly back into the hot milk on the stove, whisking continuously.
- Cook the custard over low heat, stirring often, until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and pour into a non-reactive bowl, cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the yogurt, vanilla and vodka, then cover and chill overnight.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’ s directions, store in freezer.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!