Vegan Skillet CornbreadFrom stovetopgoddess 5 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal shopping list
- 5 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 5 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp Earth Balance brand spread (organic and cholesterol free) shopping list
- 1 cup egg Beaters or other egg substitute (cholesterol free) shopping list
- 2 cups plain Silk brand soy milk (cholesterol free) shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- * pre heat oven to 400F shopping list
- * This recipe is for a 10- 101/2" cast iron skillet. It can also be baked in any 9 1/2" round pan, or glassware. shopping list
How to make it
- In a med. sized bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- Add the Earth Balance spread to the cast iron skillet and set in hot oven for a few minutes or until spread is melted.
- Remove pan from oven and swirl melted spread to coat bottom and sides of skillet.
- In a small bowl, add egg substitute, soy milk, and olive oil. Stir with a whisk and slowly pour into dry ingredients.
- Stir batter thoroughly and pour into hot cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 mins. Or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out cleanly.
- Cool for a few minutes, Cut into 8 wedges and serve warm.
The Cookstovetopgoddess Ventura, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!