Crunchy Granola BarsFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- 3/4 c. butter shopping list
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 2 tbsp. honey shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 9 shredded wheat biscuits, finely rolled (about 3 c. crumbs) shopping list
- 1 c. chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 c. raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large saucepan, over low heat, melt butter, brown sugar, and honey, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add shredded wheat crumbs, walnuts, and raisins; stir until well combined. Spread in 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; while still warm, cut into bars.
- To microwave Crunchy Granola Bars: In 2 quart microwave-proof baking dish, microwave 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, and honey at 100% power 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 45 seconds. Add remaining ingredients as above; pat down firmly. Microwave at 100% power 6 minutes, rotating 1/2 turn after 3 minutes. Remove to heat-proof surface; let stand 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!