Pear in Egg Custard TartFrom gooseinfrance 7 years ago
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 200C, 400F, 6 gas
- Line a 9-10" flan tin (with about 1" sides) with the pastry, prick the base and bake blind (cover pastry with greaseproof paper, pour on beans and bake for 10 minutes then remove paper and continue baking for a further 5 minutes).
- Allow this to cool for a few minutes,
- Peel and core the pears, slice them and lay them on the baked pastry base and sprinkle with the lemon juice,
- Mix the cream, eggs + yolk and sugar thoroughly and pour the mix over the pears.
- Return the tart to the oven, TURNING IT DOWN to 190C, 375F, gas 5),
- Cook for about 20 - 25 minutes but check before then, until the cream filling is just set.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes before serving warm but is delicious cold too.