Tomato And Egg CurryFrom matfromengland 7 years ago
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 x 400g / 14 oz can skinned whole tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped root ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion seeds * shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds shopping list
- Pinch of cumin seeds shopping list
- 6 small dried red chillies shopping list
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 6 eggs, hard boiled (hard cooked) - free range taste better shopping list
- fresh coriander (cilantro leaves) to garnish shopping list
- *According to Wikipedia, onion seeds are also known as kalonji, fennel flower, nutmeg flower, Roman coriander, blackseed, black caraway, black onion seed, or black sesame. They are not actually related to onions. They are not essential to the dish but add an extra little touch. shopping list
How to make it
- Place the tomatoes and juice in a large mixing bowl. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, salt, ground coriander and ground cumin and mix with a spoon. Try not to break the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, mustard, fenugreek and cumin seeds, and the dried red chillies, and stir-fry for about 1 minute, until they give off their aroma. Remove the pan from the heat to let the oil cool down.
- Add the tomato mixture to the spicy oil mixture and return the pan to the heat. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, then reduce heat and cook, half covered, stirring frequently, for 7-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle over some or all of the lemon juice. Taste the curry and add the remaining lemon juice if required.
- Shell the eggs, wash them, quarter them and add them to the curry.
The Cookmatfromengland Peterborough, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!