Sweet and Spicy Carrot SaladFrom babsalaba 6 years ago
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hot water shopping list
- juice of ½ lime shopping list
- minced, fresh ginger shopping list
- agave nectar or honey shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked Spanish paprika shopping list
- dash of cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 large carrots, grated shopping list
- mandarin orange segments shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnuts, whole or chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Put the ground flax seeds in a small bowl and add the hot water. Stir and allow to sit 10 minutes until thickened.
- Add lime juice, ginger, agave nectar, smoked paprika, cumin and s&p. Taste and adjust seasoning
- Put the grated carrots in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Fold in the mandarin oranges and walnuts.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.