Stuffed Green PeppersFrom sandygalesmith 6 years ago
- 6 large green peppers shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 to 4 teaspoon (s) chili powder (depends on how much you want) shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounce tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 can (16 ounce) tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) stew tomatoes or diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each pepper.Remove seeds and membranes: rinse, cook peppers in enough boiling water to cover for 5 minutes; drain.
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet until ground beef is light brown, drain.Stir in salt, garlic salt, chili powder, rice and 1 cup of the tomato sauce and the 8 ounce tomato sauce and stew or diced tomatoes; heat through.
- Stuff each pepper with ground beef mixture; stand upright in ungreased baking dish 8x8x2 inch.Pour remaining sauce over peppers.Cover; Cook in 350o oven.For the rest of the Stuffed Green Peppers for 45 minutes, uncover; cook for 15 minutes or so longer.Sprinkle with cheese.
- Makes 6 Servings