Classic Prime Rib Roast with Individual Yorkshire PuddingsFrom vision_patricia 6 years ago
- • 6 to 8 lb. well-trimmed beef roast (2 to 4 ribs), small end, chine bone removed. shopping list
- Seasoning: shopping list
- • 6 large cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves shopping list
- Pudding: shopping list
- • 1 cup milk shopping list
- • 2 eggs shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- • 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. Combine seasoning ingredients. Press evenly into surface of beef roast. Prepare roast as directed in four easy steps given below: Four Easy Steps to a Perfect Roast
- 1. Heat oven. Place roast, straight from refrigerator, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part, not touching bone or fat.
- 2. Season beef before roasting as desired. Do not add water or cover roast. Roasting will take approximately 20 minutes per pound. Always remember to use a meat thermometer.
- 3. Remove roast when thermometer registers 135-140° F (medium rare) or 150-155° F (medium). This is 5 to 10° F below final desired doneness. Ten roast loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 4. Roast temperature will continue to rise about 5 to 10° F to final desired doneness and will be easier to carve. Carve across the grain when possible. Garnish and Enjoy!
- 1. . Roast in 350° F oven approximately 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare, 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium.
- 2. Meanwhile combine flour, chives, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt. In second bowl, whisk milk with eggs; gradually add to flour mixture, beating until smooth. (Refrigerate up to 1 hour, if desired.) Spoon 1/2 teaspoon melted butter into each of 12 medium muffin cups; tip pan to coat bottoms.
- 3. Remove roast when thermometer registers 135° F for medium rare, 150° F for medium. Tent and let stand as directed in four easysteps given below:
- 4. Immediately after removing roast, increase oven temperature to 450° F. Fill each muffin cup halfway with batter. Bake pudding in 450° F oven 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and golden. Carve roast into slices; season with salt. Serve immediately with pudding.