Zucchini Pie Mock Dutch AppleFrom danielle_k 4 years ago
- 5 c. peeled and diced zucchini shopping list
- Dry ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 T. flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- dash nutmeg shopping list
- 2 T. lemon juice shopping list
- Crumb top: shopping list
- 3/4 c. flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. firm butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 uncooked pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400
- Large zucchini works best. Cut ends off, peel, slice in half, remove seeds & stringy strands, and slice zucchini into 1/4 inch. sections. (You may need to cut halves smaller if your vegetable is really wide. This preparation makes them resemble apples slices.)
- Boil 5 minutes or until tender.
- While zucchini is boiling mix dry ingredients together.
- Drain zucchini and add dry ingredients.
- Pour zucchini mixture into pie shell
- Place crumb topping ingredients in a bowl and cut with pastry blender until well blended
- Top pie with topping and place on bottom rack for 45-50 minuets
The Cookdanielle_k Brookings, SD
- Not added to any groups yet!