ALMOND-CHOCOLATE MERINGUE PUFFSFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- 3 packets sugar substitute shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 egg whites, room temp. shopping list
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- ¼ tsp. baking powder or cream of tartar shopping list
- ¼ tsp. almond extract shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 ½ oz sliced almonds shopping list
- 3 Tbs. sugar-free seedless raspberry fruit spread shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven to 275º. Combine sugar, sugar substitute and cocoa powder in small bowl; set aside.
- 2)Beat egg whites in small bowl on high speed of electric mixer until foamy. Add vanilla, baking powder, almond extract and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Add sugar mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until peaks form.
- 3)Line baking sheet with foil. Spoon 15 equal mounds of egg white mixture onto foil. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 4)Bake 1 hour, Turn oven off but do not open oven door. Leave puffs in oven 2 hours longer or until completely dry. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- 5)Stir fruit spread and spoon about ½ teaspoon onto each meringue just before serving.
- Puffs are best if eaten the same day they're made. If necessary, store in airtight container,
- adding fruit topping at time of serving.
- Calories per serving: 34