Boiled PeanutsFrom cybershock 6 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse the peanuts, then dump them into a large pot. Pour in about 2 quarts
- of water, enough to cover them by a couple of inches. This isn't as easy as
- it sounds, since peanuts float. Push down as many as you can at a time, to
- gauge whether you have enough water.
- Stir the salt into the water and bring the peanuts to a boil over high
- heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the
- peanuts are fairly tender.. Check them from time to time, popping the nuts
- from the shell to see if they're ready.
- The peanuts can be eaten immediately or allowed to sit in the brine at room
- temperature for up to another hour to develop a saltier flavor. When you
- are happy with the taste, drain the peanuts and serve them.