Munchable Mini-Burgers with Flavorful Fruit DipsFrom canned_food_fan 4 years ago
- For Sweet tomato Dip: shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- For Tangy peach Dip: shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) peaches in juice, drained shopping list
- 2 teaspoons mustard, yellow or brown shopping list
- 2 teaspoons honey shopping list
- For apricot Mayo: shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) apricot halves, in light syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, light or regular shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- For the Burgers: shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes (or yams) in syrup drained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canned tomato paste shopping list
- 1 pound ground turkey or lean beef shopping list
- Spray vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 roll (7.5 ounces) refrigerated, lower-fat buttermilk biscuits, baked to package directions shopping list
How to make it
- To make any dip or mayo: Purée the canned ingredients in a food processor, blender or immersion blender and mix in remaining ingredients; set aside.
- To make burgers: Mash sweet potatoes and tomato paste in mixing bowl with a fork. Mix in the ground turkey or beef until thoroughly blended. Portion in 1/4-cup portions and form into 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick burgers, about 3-inches across.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Cook burgers covered until no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes per side. The internal temperature of the patties should be 160°F.
- To serve: Split biscuits horizontally and make sandwiches with burgers. Serve dips or mayo for dipping.
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating2 people
luv the use of Turkey in this one and different toppings great post thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
My Grandchildren will not know what 'hit' them
when they munch on these (veggie) laden
burgers! "5"FORK!!!!! I also
really like the 'flavor'combos' in the dips~
Thanks for sharing~
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!