Japanese Clear SoupFrom mokona 6 years ago
How to make it
- Soak the packet of wakame in warm water for 20 minutes, or until expanded and soft, then drain. If using length of wakame, soak as above, remove the hard edge and discard, then cut the remaining length into 1/2 inch bite-sized pieces.
- Trim the roots and any damaged parts from the green onion. Wash well and finely shred diagonally.
- Wash the mushrooms, remove any tough stalks, and slice each mushroom into 3 or 4 slices.
- Bring the dashi to a boil. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add wakame and simmer for the last minute. Ladle into 4 bowls and sprinkle the green onion into each. Serve immediately.
The Cookmokona Metro-Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!