green veal cutlet or chicken sandwichesFrom jjals 5 years ago
- You can substitute skinless boneless chicken breasts for the veal cutlets. Use a mandoline or other manual slicer as an easy and fast way to julienne zucchini. shopping list
- 3/4 pound veal cutlets shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup coarse plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fennel shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed celery leaves (from inner stalks of bunch) shopping list
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for frying pan, shopping list
- if needed shopping list
- 1 small zucchini, very thinly shredded shopping list
- cup mayonnaise shopping list
- tablespoons pesto shopping list
- 6 (3- to 4-inch) ciabatta rolls, halved horizontally shopping list
- 3 cups baby lettuces shopping list
How to make it
- Gently pound cutlets to !/8-inch thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap with flat side of a meat pounder or with a rolling pin. Cut into 2-inch-wide pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Put flour in a large shallow bowl. Lightly beat eggs in another large shallow bowl. In a food processor, finely chop bread crumbs, fennel, celery leaves, parsley, marjoram and thyme; transfer to a third bowl. Lightly coat veal pieces, 1 at a time, with flour, then dip in egg, letting excess drip off, then dredge in bread crumbs, coating completely, and put on a sheet of wax paper.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry veal pieces in batches (adding more oil as needed), turning over once, until golden and just cooked through, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, toss together zucchini, remaining tablespoon oil, and generous pinch salt and pepper. In a second bowl, stir together mayonnaise and pesto. Spread 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture on bottom halves of rolls. Make sandwiches with baby lettuces, veal, a little more mayonnaise mixture and zucchini.